Beryllium Plate Description
Beryllium (Be) is a brittle, steel-gray alkaline earth metal. Beryllium is strong, lightweight, and has a modulus of elasticity 50% greater than steel. It has non-magnetic properties and has higher specific heat than any metal. Beryllium retains excellent properties at elevated and cryogenic temperatures, making this fascinating metal an ideal thermal conductor. Because of its low density and high thermal conductivity, beryllium has many applications in the aerospace and military industries. Beryllium is also transparent to X-rays and other forms of ionizing radiation, making it a great material for X-ray windows. It is frequently used as a material in acoustic applications for its damping properties and high stiffness-to-weight ratio.
The beryllium plate and beryllium sheet are made of metal beryllium. As a leading supplier of beryllium products across the world, Stanford Advanced Materials (SAM) enjoys over two decades of experience in the manufacture and sale of beryllium plate and beryllium sheet, offering customers high-quality beryllium plates and beryllium sheets at very competitive prices.
Beryllium Plate Specification
If you require beryllium in thicknesses smaller than those shown here, see Beryllium Foil.
Beryllium Plate Applications
• Used in the medical industry for imaging, diagnostics, and laser applications due to its strength and stability.
- Beryllium is used in imaging equipment for Homeland Security.
- Beryllium foil is used in high-resolution medical radiography.
- Beryllium is used in analytical equipment for blood, HIV, and other diseases.
• Used in communications to manufacturing telecommunication infrastructure and telephones.
- Beryllium plates have low electrical resistance and high thermal conductivity to support the convergence and miniaturization of compact devices.
• Used for aerospace and military applications due to its lightweight properties, low density, and high thermal conductivity.
- Lightweight beryllium components are frequently applied to electronics and military systems requiring precise operation under extreme conditions.
- Pure beryllium sheets are used in military fighter jets requiring speed and maneuverability.
- Beryllium components enhance surveillance and targeting systems in military helicopters.
- Military communications use copper-beryllium alloys in-network tubes, rotors, and switches due to its high strength and electrical/ thermal conductive properties.
• Miscellaneous uses include:
- Used as a component in particle physics experiments.
- Used as a material in acoustic applications for its damping properties.
- Beryllium is used to manufacture x-ray tubes and detectors required to monitor the flow of water, oil, and gas during good extraction.
Beryllium Plate Packaging
Our beryllium plates are carefully handled to minimize damage during storage and transportation and to preserve the quality of our products in their original condition.