Molybdenum Rod & Molybdenum Bar Description
Molybdenum is a gray metal with a very high melting point. It is found in various oxidation states in minerals but does not occur naturally as a free metal. Molybdenum allows readily to form hard and stable carbides. For this reason, Molybdenum is frequently used for making steel alloys, high strength alloys, and superalloys. Molybdenum compounds usually have a low solubility in water. Industrially, they are used in high-pressure and high-temperature applications such as pigments and catalysts.
Molybdenum Rod & Molybdenum Bar have a high melting point, good thermal conductivity, and low thermal expansion performance. Molybdenum Rods & Molybdenum Bars can be used to manufacture electric vacuum devices and electric light source parts, as well as high-temperature heating elements, high-temperature structural parts, electrodes, etc.
Molybdenum Rod & Molybdenum Bar Specifications
We carry a full line of standard rods and bars. Apart from this, our moly bars and moly rods are available in various dimensions upon your request.
* Mo Rod
Diameter Tolerance (inch)
Length Tolerance (inch)
0.08 - 0.40
0.40 - 0.80
0.80 - 4.00
* Mo Bar
Length Tolerance (mm)
* Surface Finish of Molybdenum Rod & Molybdenum Bar
We offer three types of surface finish as followed:
• Cleaned: the surface is chemically cleaned to remove all lubricants and oxides.
• Black: the surface is either as swaged or as drawn and retains a coating of processing lubricants and oxides.
• Ground: the surface is center-less ground to remove all coating and to achieve precise diameter control.
Molybdenum Rod & Molybdenum Bar Application
- Used in steel-making additives, electric vacuum parts, gas pipes, lead-wire, sidebar, daily-use glass, optical glass, insulation material, and glass fiber.
- Used to stretch into molybdenum wire and molybdenum electrode.
Molybdenum Rod and Molybdenum Bar Packaging
Our molybdenum rods and molybdenum bars are carefully handled to minimize damage during storage and transportation and to preserve the quality of our products in their original condition.
Other Molybdenum Products:
Machined Molybdenum, Molybdenum Alloys, Raw Molybdenum