Niobium Plate / Board Description
Niobium (Nb) is a shiny gray metal with a melting point of 2468°C, a boiling point of 4742°C, and a density of 8.57g/cm³. High-purity niobium metal has higher ductility, but will harden as the impurity content increases. Niobium has a very low capture cross section for thermal neutrons, so it is quite useful in the nuclear industry.
Stanford Advanced Materials (SAM) is a trust-worthy supplier of high-quality Niobium Plate and Niobium Board, who has over two decades of experience in the manufacture and sale of niobium products such as Niobium Plate, Niobium Board, Niobium Foil, Niobium Powder, Niobium Ingot, and Niobium Tube.
Niobium Plate / Board Specification
Width Max. 12”
Long Max. 10’
Niobium Plate / Board Chemical Composition
Niobium Plate / Board Physical Property
Tensile strength, psi (MPa), ≥
Yield strength (0.2% offset), psi (MPa),≥
Elongation in 1" gage length, %, ≥
Standard Specification ASTM B 393-05 for Niobium Ribbon, Niobium Alloy Ribbon, Niobium Strip, Niobium Alloy Strip, Niobium Foil, Niobium Alloy Foil, Niobium Sheet, Niobium Alloy Sheet, Niobium Plate, Niobium Alloy Plate.
This specification covers five grades of wrought Niobium Ribbon, Niobium Alloy Ribbon, Niobium Strip, Niobium Alloy Strip, Niobium Foil, Niobium Alloy Foil, Niobium Sheet, Niobium Alloy Sheet, Niobium Plate, Niobium Alloy Plate as follows:
1. ASTM B 393-05 UNS R04200 -Type 1, Reactor grade unalloyed niobium;
2. ASTM B 393-05 UNS R04210 -Type 2, Commercial grade unalloyed niobium;
3. ASTM B 393-05 UNS R04251 -Type 3, Reactor grade niobium alloy containing 1% zirconium;
4. ASTM B 393-05 UNS R04261 -Type 4, Commercial grade niobium alloy containing 1% zirconium;
5. ASTM B 393-05 UNS R0xxxx -Type 5, Residual Resistivity Ratio(RRR) grade pure niobium.
RRR values: guaranteed min. RRR 300 *,
* the Residual Resistivity Ratio RRR is defined as the ratio of electrical resistivity at 295K to electrical resistivity at 4,2K.
Download of ASTM B 393-05
Niobium Plate / Board Applications
Niobium Plate and Niobium Board can work fine under corrosion conditions and high temperatures. They can be used in the chemical industry, electroplate, medical treatment, aviation, etc.