Tantalum Disc Description
Tantalum (Ta) is a dark blue-gray metal that is very heavy, ductile, and hard and has high corrosion resistance. Tantalum is especially resistant to chemicals at temperatures below 150 °C and can only be dissolved with hydrofluoric acid. It has the fourth-highest melting point of all metals and is able to form extremely thin and protective oxide layers for high-quality capacitors, making it an excellent material for discs.
Tantalum Disc is made of tantalum metal. As a leading manufacturer and supplier of tantalum metal and other tantalum products across the world, Stanford Advanced Materials (SAM) offers customers high-quality Tantalum Discs at very competitive prices.
Tantalum Disc Specifications
Diameter: 1" -10"
Thickness: 0.04" - 10"
Material: R05200; R05400
Standard: ASTM B708-2001
Purity: ≥99.95% or 99.99%
Stanford Advanced Materials supplies various kinds of Tantalum discs. Customization is available at your request.
Tantalum and Tantalum Alloy
- R05200, unalloyed tantalum, electron-beam furnace or vacuum-arc melt, or both
- R05400, unalloyed tantalum, powder-metallurgy consolidation.
- R05255, tantalum alloy, 90 % tantalum, 10 % tungsten, electron-beam furnace of vacuum-arc melt, or both.
- R05252, tantalum alloy, 97.5 % tantalum, 2.5 % tungsten, electron-beam furnace or vacuum-arc melt, or both.
- R05240, tantalum alloy, 60 % tantalum, 40 % niobium, electron-beam furnace or vacuum-arc melt.
In addition to high-quality tantalum discs, SAM also provides Tantalum Sputtering Target whose purity can be up to 99.95%,99.99%,99.999%.
Tantalum Disc Applications
• Used in laboratory equipment.
• Used as a substitute for platinum.
• Used in manufacturing superalloys and electron-beam melting.
• Used in metallurgical, machinery processing, glass, and ceramic industries.
Packaging of Tantalum Disc
Our tantalum disc is carefully handled to prevent damage during storage and transportation and to preserve the quality of our product in its original condition.
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for your reference!