WANT $1000 FOR COLLEGE? APPLY TO THE STANFORD ADVANCED MATERIALS SCHOLARSHIP
The campaign will end on March 31, 2019, with a ten-day countdown!
If you are currently enrolled in college (or headed there in 2019!) and want to win a $1000 scholarship to help cover expenses, enter the Stanford Advanced Materials Scholarship.
Stanford Advanced Materials Scholarship will award a $1000 scholarship to one highly motivated student who can thoughtfully respond to the prompt below.
Who Are We:
Stanford Advanced Materials (SAM) is a global supplier of pure metals, alloys, ceramics, minerals, and rare earth materials since 1994. Headquartered in Lake Forest, California, SAM specializes in providing high-purity chemicals for research institutes and technical grade materials for advanced industries, such as pharmaceutical, capacitor, metallurgy, semiconductor, and aviation.
How It Works:
Please follow the following prompt:
With the development of modern science and technology, advanced materials have had their applications in almost every aspect of life. For instance, Zirconia ceramics have made itself a top choice for kitchen knives because of its high strength and resistance to high-temperature, oxidation, and corrosion; Titanium is a core material in the components of the world’s lightest bicycle, which weighs only 6 lbs; Silicon nanoparticles have been tested in the lab for improving breast cancer treatment; the energy-saving "smart glass" windows made with vanadium dioxide coating can block the sun's hot rays and reduce the need to run air-conditioning systems.
Where have you seen advanced materials used in your life? Please share your understanding and experience with the application of the following materials and what impact they might have in the future.
Advanced Ceramic Materials
Rare Earth Materials
Please submit your answer in the following format:
Please write an essay (800 words or less), share your experience with one or two advanced materials in life or at school, and talk about what impact it will have in people's life.
Here’s How to Win:
• Answer the prompt above in 800 words or less.
• Fill out the form below, including a link to a Google Doc answering the prompt above. Ensure your file is saved in the format (your-name)-(dob)-2019 Stanford Advanced Materials $1000 College Scholarship Submission.
• We will pick a winner on April 8, 2019 and notify you*
• A member of the Stanford Advanced Materials team will email you to confirm your mailing address and send you a check or Visa gift card in the mail for $1000.
• We will announce the winners on the Stanford Advanced Materials blog.
To Be Eligible:
• All submissions must be received by midnight on March 31st, 2019.
• You must be a graduating senior in high school or a freshman, sophomore, or junior in college or trade school and at least 16 years of age in the US Territories.
• We reserve the right to verify the date of your high school graduation and/or college enrollment.
• Each entrant affirms that they have met all eligibility requirements and releases their entry to be used for any purpose by Stanford Advanced Materials.
• Any and all submissions may be used in future Stanford Advanced Materials marketing.
*Disclaimer: Stanford Advanced Materials respects your privacy and will not share any personal information without prior approval from you. We will pick our favorite winners based on the submissions we receive by the deadline listed above.