Praseodymium Oxide Description
Praseodymium Oxide, also known as praseodymia, is a dark brown powder which is insoluble in water and only soluble in strong acid. Praseodymium Oxide is stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Praseodymium Oxide is a rare earth oxide compound, which is a basic anhydride and can react with acids and with strong reducing agents in redox reactions. Rare earth oxide compounds contain at least one oxygen anion and one metallic cation. They are typically insoluble in aqueous solutions (water) and extremely stable, which makes them useful in ceramic structures. For this reason, Praseodymium Oxide has a wide range of applications from producing clay bowls to advanced electronics. Praseodymium Oxide is also useful in lightweight structural components in aerospace and electrochemical applications such as fuel cells due to its ionic conductivity.
Praseodymium Oxide Specification
D50 = ~ 3.89 µm
D50 = ~ 3.89 µm
for vacuum deposition.
3-12mm or custom size
1. Monazite concentrates go through the alkali solution, phosphorus moving out, leaching of diluted hydrochloric acid to get the rare earth chloride solvent;
2. Next extract with P2O4-kerosene-HCl-ReCl system to divide it into three groups which are light, middle and heavy rare earth;
3. Then raffinate La-Nd light rare earth is divided according to the oxalate sediment sequence which is samarium-neodymium(Nd)-praseodymium-cerium-lanthanum;
4. Lastly, oxalate sediment could produce soluble complex and then separate and dry to get the Praseodymium oxide(Pr6O11) at 1000℃.
Chemical equation: 3Pr2(C2O4)3→Pr6O11+7CO2+11CO.
Praseodymium Oxide Applications
• Component of didymium glass which is a colorant for welder's goggles, also an important additive of Praseodymium yellow pigments.
• Praseodymium Oxide can be used to make praseodymium yellow, when used in ceramics.
• Praseodymium Oxide can be used as a coloring agent in the glass industry.
• If applied in the metallurgical industry, Praseodymium Oxide can be used as a material for producing Praseodymium, Samarium (Sm), Cobalt (Co) and other permanent magnet alloys.
Praseodymium Oxide Packaging
Our Praseodymium Oxide is carefully handled to minimize damage during storage and transportation and to preserve the quality of our product in its original condition.
Material Safety Data Sheet for your reference