Scandium Metal Powder Features
1. Scandium Metal Powder can be oxidized by air.
2. Dissolves slowly in most dilute acids.
3. Scandium turnings ignite in the air with a brilliant yellow flame to form scandium (iii) oxide.
SAM Scandium Metal Powder Specification
Scandium Metal Powder
-40, -100, -325 mesh or other sizes
We also supply Scandium foils, sheets, rods, wires and other forms on request.
Scandium Metal Powder Applications
1. To produce scandium alloy: scandium aluminum alloys, the main application of scandium is in aluminum-scandium alloys for minor aerospace industry components. The common content is 2% scandium. The addition of scandium to aluminum limits an excessive grain growth that occurs in the heat-affected zone of welded aluminum components. Another application is scandium-aluminum alloys can be used in some sports equipment, including baseball bats, lacrosse sticks, as well as bicycle frames and related components.
2. To produce other compounds: like employed in solid-state synthesis of unusual clusters, Sc19Br28Z4, (Z=Mn, Fe, Ru or Os). These clusters are of interest for their structure and magnetic properties.
3. As chemical reagents.
Scandium Metal Powder Packaging
Scandium Metal Powder is clearly tagged and labeled externally to ensure efficient identification and quality control. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation.