Platinum is an excellent anode material due to its high conductivity and low consumption rate. But as one of the precious metals, platinum is often used by electroplating a thin layer over a high corrosion resistance substrate to reduce the cost. Niobium is one of the materials which are often used as an anode substrate.
Allowable operating voltage: ≤12V
Shapes: Rod, Wire, Mesh
Rod length (mm): ≤3000
Rod dia. (mm): 12, 16, 19, 25
Wire length (m): ≤100
Wire dia. (mm): 1, 2, 3, 4
Mesh length (mm): ≤2500
Mesh width (mm): ≤800
Platinum thickness (μm): 5, 7.5, 10
Customized sizes are also available.
Platinized niobium anodes combine the excellent electrochemical characteristics of platinum with the very good corrosion qualities of niobium. Following is some examples of their applications:
- internal protection of condensers, process equipment etc.
- internal protection of water tanks and pipelines
- protection of reinforced concrete structures
Advantage of platinized niobium anode:
• Production of complex shape anodes possible
• Easy handling, low maintenance
• Low electric resistance
• Excellent corrosion characteristics
• Application also in fluoride containing baths
• Long service life at very high current density
• Dimensional stability
• Replating possible