|Material||Titanium Nickel Alloy|
|Surface||Black or Pickled or Polished|
Nitinol spring is a type of shape memory spring. Shape Memory Alloys (SMA) are one of the most promising smart materials available today, and they can provide novel solutions in several ﬁelds and for various applications (e.g. actuator, biomedical application, clamping systems, etc.). Shape memory nitinol demonstrates a unique ability to recover its initial shape after deformation through a reversible thermo-elastic phase transformation. This ability allows shape memory nitinol to recover from large strains, either spontaneously (pseudoelasticity) or through an increase in temperature (Shape Memory Effect). Among the commercially available Shape Memory Alloys, nickel-titanium (Ni-Ti and Ni–Ti-based) alloys are outstanding due to their excellent performance, reliability, and strain recovery properties. Ni-Ti alloy is attractive for various medical applications due to its biocompatibility, corrosion resistance, and fatigue behavior.
A. Superior reliability.
B. No gas or liquid leaks.
C. 2-3x higher heat sensitivity compared to waxy components.
D. Shorter response time to temperature changes.
E. Lowered the total cost of modern SMA springs.
F. Our Nitinol can be used in standard compression, extension, or torsion springs.
Nitinol springs have the following uses:
- Nitinol is used to produce bend-resilient glasses frames.
- Nitinol springs are also used as mechanical watch springs.
- Nitinol can be used as a temperature control system; as it changes spring shape, it can activate a switch or a variable resistor to control the temperature.
- Nitinol is used in cell-phone technology as a retractable antenna, or a microphone boom, due to its highly flexible nature and mechanical memory properties.
- Nickel-titanium alloys are used to make the underwires for underwire bras.
Nitinol Spring extends at 55-degree centigrade
Our nitinol springs are clearly tagged and labeled externally to ensure efficient identification and quality control. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation.
Please fill in your details and one of our material experts will get back to you within 24 hours. For more information, contact us via E-mail at email@example.com.
** Email address with your company's domain name is preferred. Otherwise, we may not be able to process your inquiry.