Description of Tantalum Tube/Tantalum Pipe
Tantalum (Ta) is a dark blue-gray metal that is very heavy, ductile and hard and has high corrosion resistance. Tantalum is especially resistant to chemicals at temperatures below 150 °C and can only be dissolved with hydrofluoric acid. It has the fourth-highest melting point of all metals and is able to form extremely thin and protective oxide layers for high-quality capacitors, making it an excellent material for tubes.
Specifications of Tantalum Tube/Pipe
Outer Diameter: 1.0~150mm
Wall Thickness: 0.2~5.0mm
Material: R05200, R05400
Standatd: ASTM B521-98
Purity: 99.95% or 99.99%
• Seamless tantalum tube
For the tantalum tubes with thicker wall thickness, I recommend a seamless tantalum tube.
• Welded tantalum tube
For the Tantalum Tubes with thin wall thickness, we recommend Welded Tantalum Tube. The welded tubes were manufactured by the tantalum sheet. The surface was good since they will be polished after welding.
If you require smaller sizes, you can see tantalum capillary
Tantalum and Tantalum Alloy
- R05200, unalloyed tantalum, electron-beam furnace or vacuum-arc melt, or both
- R05400, unalloyed tantalum, powder-metallurgy consolidation.
- R05255, tantalum alloy, 90 % tantalum, 10 % tungsten, electron-beam furnace of vacuum-arc melt, or both.
- R05252, tantalum alloy, 97.5 % tantalum, 2.5 % tungsten, electron-beam furnace or vacuum-arc melt, or both.
- R05240, tantalum alloy, 60 % tantalum, 40 % niobium, electron-beam furnace or vacuum-arc melt.
Applications of Tantalum Tube/Tantalum Pipe
• Used for the manufacturing of reaction vessels.
• Used for heat exchanger pipes, condensers, bayonet heaters, helical coils, thermocouple, and protective tubes, etc.
Packaging of Tantalum Tube/Tantalum Pipe
Our Tantalum Tubes are carefully handled during storage and transportation to preserve the quality of our products in their original condition.
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for your reference!