Tantalum Disc Introduction:
Tantalum (Ta) is a dark blue-gray metal that is very heavy, ductile and hard and has high corrosion resistance. Tantalum is especially resistant to chemicals at temperatures below 150 °C and can only be dissolved with hydrofluouric acid. It has the fourth highest melting point of all metals and is able to form extremely thin and protective oxide layers for high-quality capacitors, making it an excellent material for discs.
Tantalum Disc Applications:
• Used in laboratory equipment.
• Used as a substitute for platinum.
• Used in manufacturing super alloys and electron-beam melting.
• Used in metallurgical, machinery processing, glass and ceramic industries.
Specifications of SAM Tantalum Disc:
Diameter: 1" -10"
Thickness: 0.04" - 10"
Material: R05200; R05400
Standard: ASTM B708-2001
Purity: ≥99.95% or 99.99%
Stanford Advanced Materials supplies various kinds of Tantalum discs. Customization is available by your request.
In addition to high quality tantalum discs, SAM also provides Tantalum Sputtering Target whose purity can be up to 99.95%,99.99%,99.999%.
Other information for your reference
Tantalum and Tantalum Alloy
- R05200, unalloyed tantalum, electron-beam furnace or vacuum-arc melt, or both
- R05400, unalloyed tantalum, powder-metallurgy consolidation.
- R05255, tantalum alloy, 90 % tantalum, 10 % tungsten, electron-beam furnace of vacuum-arc melt, or both.
- R05252, tantalum alloy, 97.5 % tantalum, 2.5 % tungsten, electron-beam furnace or vacuum-arc melt, or both.
- R05240, tantalum alloy, 60 % tantalum, 40 % niobium, electron-beam furnace or vacuum-arc melt.
Our tantalum disc is carefully handled to prevent damage during storage and transportation and to preserve the quality of our product in its original condition.
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for your reference!