Tantalum Mesh Description:
Tantalum mesh is made from stamping expanding tantalum sheet, which is ASTM B708 specified commercial pure Tantalum sheet since the strength for alloyed Tantalum is too high to be stamped into mesh. Tantalum (Ta) is a dark blue-gray metal that is very heavy, ductile and hard and has high corrosion resistance. Tantalum is especially resistant to chemicals at temperatures below 150 °C and can only be dissolved with hydrofluouric acid. It has the fourth highest melting point of all metals and is able to form extremely thin and protective oxide layers for high-quality capacitors, making it an excellent material for mesh.
Specifications of SAM Tantalum Mesh:
Tantalum, UNS R05200, UNS R05400
Mesh Open Size
Customized. E.g.: 9mm x 4.5mm (length of the diagonal diamond)
Customized. E.g.: 1.2mm x 1000mm x 2000mm in coil
Customized. E.g.: 1.2mm
We provide customized Tantalum Mesh according to your request.
Tantalum Mesh Applications:
• Used in laboratory equipment.
• Used as a substitute for platinum.
• Used in manufacturing super alloys and electron-beam melting.
• Used in metallurgical, machinery processing, glass and ceramic industries.
• Used as a superalloy additive in nickel-based alloys.
• Used for sputtering targets
• Used in mixed metal oxide and platinized Tantalum anodes for the cathodic protection industry.
Packaging of SAM Tantalum Mesh (Ta Mesh):
Our tantalum mesh is carefully handled during storage and transportation to preserve the quality of our product in its original condition.
Other information for your reference:
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for Tantalum